You voted and the results from the Utah Theater Lovers audience choice awards are in.
And the Nominees Are…
Community: Best Production
- Anything Goes with Empress Theatre
- Death of a Salesman with The Grand Theatre
- Next to Normal with The Ziegfeld Theater
- The Scarlet Pimpernel with Empress Theatre
- Urinetown with Hale Center Theater (Orem)
Honorable Mentions: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with Hale Center Theatre (WVC), Cowboy Mouth with Good Company Theatre, Hello Dolly with Empress Theatre, Vincent in Brixton with Utah Valley University’s Department of Theatrical Arts and Xanadu with Payson Community Theater.
Professional: Best Production
- Eric(a) with Plan-B Theatre Company
- Clybourne Park with Pioneer Theatre Company
- In the Heights with Pioneer Theater Company
- Les Miserables with Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Saturday’s Voyeur with Salt Lake Acting Company
Honorable Mentions: Addams Family with Broadway in Utah, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson with Salt Lake Acting Company, Hamlet with Utah Shakespeare Festival, The Exit Interview with Salt Lake Acting Company and Wicked with Broadway in Utah.
Community: Best Actor/Actress
- Chase Ramsey (Bobby Strong), Urinetown with Hale Center Theater (Orem)
- Curtis Nash (Percy), The Scarlet Pimpernel with Empress Theatre
- Davey Morrison (Dillard), Richard III with Grassroots Shakespeare Company
- Emalee Easton (Reno), Anything Goes with Empress Theatre
- Richard Scott (Willy), Death of a Salesman with Grand Theatre
Honorable Mentions: Brooklyn Kohler (9-5/Hale Center Theatre -WVC), Deven Skaggs (Xanadu/Payson Community Theatre), Elizabeth Golden (Vincent in Brixton/Utah Valley University’s Department of Theatrical Arts), Emilie Starr (Next to Normal/The Ziegfeld Theater) and Jake Andersen (Big/Empress Theatre)
Professional: Best Actor/Actress
- Aaron Swenson (Hedwig), Hedwig and the Angry Inch with Plan-B Theatre Company
- Ariana Escalante (Carla), In the Heights with Pioneer Theater Company
- Brian Vaughn (Javert), Les Miserables with Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Erika Rose (Francine), Clybourne Park with Pioneer Theater Company
- Teresa Sanderson (Eric), Eric(a) with Plan-B Theatre Company
Honorable Mentions: Danforth Cummings (Hamlet/Utah Shakespeare Festival), Douglas Sills (Addams Family/Broadway in Utah), Glenn Turner (How to Make a Rope Swing/Salt Lake Acting Company), J. Michael Bailey (Les Miserables/Utah Shakespeare Festival) and Natalie Toro (In the Heights/Pioneer Theatre Company).
Community: Best Production Member
- Christopher Clark (Director), Vincent in Brixton with Utah Valley University’s Department of Theatrical Arts
- Dave Tinney (Director), Urinetown with Hale Center Theater (Orem)
- Jake Andersen (Director) The Scarlet Pimpernel with Empress Theatre
- Melissa Leilani Larson (Playwright), Little Happy Secrets at The Echo
- Rick Rea (Director), Next To Normal at The Ziegfeld Theatre.
Honorable Mentions: Curtis Nash (Director/Anything Goes/Empress Theater), Denny Berry (Director/Spring Awakening/University of Utah), Devin Johnson (Scenic Design/The Scarlet Pimpernel/Empress Theatre), Kacey Udy ( Scenic Design/Chity Chity Bang Bang/Hale Center Theatre – WVC) and Mark Fossen (Director/Death of Salesman/Grand Theatre).
Professional: Best Production Member
- Jerry Rapier (Director), Eric(a) with Plan-B Theatre Company
- Karen Azenberg (Artistic Director) with Pioneer Theater Company
- Kevin Meyre (Set Design), Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson with Salt Lake Acting Company
- Matthew Greene (Playwright), Adam and Steve and the Empty Sea with Plan-B Theatre Company
- Matthew Ivan Bennett (Playwright), Eric(a) with Plan-B Theatre Company
Honorable Mentions: Cynthia Fleming (Executive Director/Saturday’s Voyeur/Salt Lake Acting Company), G.W. Mercier (Costume and Set/In the Heights/Pioneer Theater Company), Janice Jenson (Stage Manager/Saturday’s Voyeur/Salt Lake Acting Company), Shawn Fisher (Playwright/How to Make a Rope Swing/Salt Lake Acting Company) and Timothy Douglas, (Director/Clybourne Park/Pioneer Theatre Company).
Community: Best Theater/Theatre Company
- Dark Horse Company Theatre
- Grassroots Shakespeare Company
- Empress Theatre
- Hale Center Theater (Orem)
- Ziegfeld Theatre
Honorable Mentions: Centerpoint Legacy Theater, Echo Theater, Good Company Theatre, Hale Center Theater – WVC and Payson Community Theater
Professional: Best Theater/Theatre Company
- Broadway in Utah
- Plan-B Theatre Company
- Pioneer Theater Company
- Salt Lake Acting Company
- Utah Shakespeare Festival
* Our goal is to make theater and theater events accessible to everyone. Rather than charge for the event and arrange for catering and alcohol service, we thought it would be fun to host this event for friends of Utah Theater Lovers at no cost and ask you to bring some food to share and your own drinks with a cooler (alcohol if you are of age and would like to drink). This means that to gain entrance to the party, you must bring a food item to share.
We’d like to thank our Sponsors!